Sunday, July 20, 2008

As Kids See It

3 .I had my four-year-old granddaughter Zoey with me while I was shopping for a swimsuit for an upcoming cruise. While I sorted through one section of the rack,she sorted through the other.Within a few minutes she had selected a swimsuit.
“Grandma,here is one for you,”she proudly declared.
“Oh,no,Zoey,” I said as I looked at the somewhat skimpy bikini she held up.
“Grandma needs a one-piece.”
“OK,Grandma,”she replied as she separated the top from the bottom,”which piece do you want?” Kathy Bevans

ฉันมีหลานสาว อายุ 4 ขวบ ชื่อ โซอี้ ขณะที่อยู่ร้านขายชุดว่ายน้ำ เพื่อใส่ไปแล่นเรือ ที่ชั้นวางเธอเลือกชุดว่ายน้ำแล้วบอกกับยายว่า “นี่สำหรับคุณยาย” เธอบอกอย่างจริงจัง
“โอ้ ไม่ใช่หรอก โซอี้” ฉันบอกเมื่อเห็นชุดเล็กๆ
“ยายต้องการ ชิ้นเดียวใช่ไหม” “ตกลงค่ะคุณยาย” เธอพูดแล้ว แยกชุดว่ายน้ำออก แล้วถามว่า
“ยายต้องการชิ้นไหนล่ะ” (ชิ้นบน หรือ ชิ้นล่าง)

Swimsuit = ชุดว่ายน้ำ
Cruise = ล่องเรือ
Proudly= ภูมิใจ
Skimpy= ไม่เพียงพอ
Bikini= ชุดบิกินี